Sunday, November 15, 2009

SKULLS MAKE ME CRAZY

November 15, 2009. Someone in NY isn’t a fan of cell phones. In this view, do they portend the end of civilized conversation as some of my friends believe, or will they result in some unknown cancer of the ear at a date in the future? These three skulls were part of a larger grouping of about 27, sinister, bleached white, and all talking outside the Puck Building. I was so distracted by them that I walked south to a destination that was north.

Then I found this, which helped to turn me back north. It immediately made me think of my friend Todd. Every cultural phenom has to have people who seek to satirize loyal followers. The colors are so neon, and the words almost leap off the page, they seem to be moving of their own volition.

Finally, outside my destination, stood this tower of cars. Parking space in NY is at such a premium. But I love the design of it, the idea of apartments for cars, next to apartments for humans. Some have better views. Others have garden apartments. Some appear to have tri-plexes.