Tuesday, March 2, 2010

GANESHA IN WHITE

February 28, 2010. Ganesha is removing obstacles at the West 4th Street station. My friends Zekio & Christopher gave me a Ganesha of my own, which I keep by my door. I see him every day as I leave, and I think of what may face me as I move into the day. My friends Jeff & Jim sent me a picture from Costa Rica of beautifully white Brahman cattle, and this Ganesha reminds me of that. He is seated, his white trunk rising to the sky in greeting and celebration. I think the white in front of him is the recent snow that fell in NYC. To me it never seemed like 20 inches of snow, but there you have it, it was. My Ganesha is eager to help in removing this, but how? What form does this take? Perhaps many snow balls, or snow men and women rolled into shape, or snow forts. Ganesha offers me many choices.